Recruitment and Selection Process
The section aims to:
- Introduce the concepts of recruitment, defining candidate requirements, attracting candidates, job advertisements, job descriptions and person specifications.
- Explain candidate assessment, obtaining references, offering employment.
- Inter-generational workforce differences.
- The importance of social networks for recruitment and selection.
- Discuss what is particular about recruitment and selection policies and practices in SMEs (compared with large organisations).
Learning text in PDF format