Vnoučková, L. and M. Žák. Perception of Transparency of Lobbying: First Empirical Approach. In: Kocourek, A. (ed.) Proceedings of the 13th Liberec Economic Forum 2017. Liberec: Technical University of Liberec, 2017, pp. 466-473. ISBN 978-80-7494-349-2. Abstract: The benefits of transparent lobbying are often discussed. The theoretical grounds result in a statement that they may contribute to the democratic environment and the efficient allocation of public funds. But the real perception of lobbying has not been investigated. Therefore, this study focuses on the perception of transparency of lobbying in sample organisations in the Czech Republic. The aim of this paper is to evaluate the perception of the premise that adequate lobbying and transparency of lobbying has the potential to be viewed positively by stakeholders. Data for the study was gathered from a sample of businesses, non-profit organisations, and other institutions in the Czech Republic. Totally, 73 organisation/institution members took part in the survey. One respondent per organisation/institution was questioned. The results show that 80% of respondents perceive transparency of lobbying positively. Remaining 20% of respondents partly disagree with the positive impacts of transparent lobbying. Moreover, statistically significant differences were found between three observed groups (business, non-profit and other institutions). Non-profit organisations perceive transparency of lobbying statistically significantly better than respondents from business and other institutions. This article may be considered as a case study of perception of transparency of lobbying in the Czech Republic. Other studies may conduct further research on the found direction in terms of information flows.